Street Stock Rules
DRIVERS REGISTERED IN THE STREET STOCK CLASS MAY NOT DRIVE IN ANY IMCA CLASS.
1. Must be 1965 or newer, 107.5 minimum wheelbase, 2 or 4 door sedan. No convertibles, station wagons or sports cars.
2. All glass must be removed, any flammable interior parts must be removed, all light assemblies, trim, door handles, etc… and all chrome except bumpers must be removed.
3. Full factory floor pan or equivalent including rear fender wells must be retained. Full factory front firewall or equivalent must be retained. Front fender wells may be removed. Fenders and quarter-panels may be trimmed as needed for tire clearance. Exterior body panels are to be OEM or may be fabricated using sheet metal, but must maintain OEM body lines and contours. No slab sided Late Model type bodies allowed.
4. Doors must be welded or bolted shut, gutting of all interior panels including trunk floor allowed. Metal firewall between driver and fuel-cell required for safety.
5. Front and rear bumpers may be an OEM type or fabricated using pipe or tubing no larger than 2" OD and with a wall thickness no greater than .125". Fabricated front and rear bumper heights not to exceed 10". Bumpers must have ends capped, plated, turned-in or otherwise prepared in some fashion to prevent the hooking of other cars.
6. Aftermarket nose and tail pieces allowed.
Roll cage and bracing
1. 4 post roll cage must be securely welded directly to factory frame on fully framed cars. Uni-body cars only. Cage must be welded to minimum 6" by 6" 1/4" thick plates that are securely welded to body strong-points. Sub-frames may be tied together. Three driver’s side door bars and 2 passenger side door bars minimum.
2. Roll cage and door bars must be constructed using at least 1 ½" OD pipe or tubing with a minimum .125" wall thickness. 1 ¾ OD .95" wall OK too. Door bars must be tied together top to bottom in at least 2 places.
3. Full front and rear loops with associated bracing allowed.
4. Nerf bars allowed. Can be round, rectangular or Lexan. Also, must be within 1/2" of body and ends must be either capped or tapered or turned into body.
5. Plating of frame allowed only on hump over rear axle or for repairs. Track tech will make final decision about what constitutes a repair. Rear frame rails may be replaced with square or round tubing to a point no further forward than behind rear axle where hump over rear axle begins.
1. GM and Ford 360 CID maximum allowed. Mopar 365 maximum allowed. No bore and stroke combinations not offered by OE manufacturer allowed. Blocks must be cast iron OEM.
2. Engine and frame must be same manufacturer; GM in GM etc.
3: Domed or pop-up pistons of any kind not allowed.
4. Stock crankshafts and steel stock appearing I-beam style connecting rods only. No dry sump or external oil pumps allowed.
5. Hydraulic flat tappet cams only. No solid lift cams allowed.
6. Stock OEM intakes only, no Bowtie, marine, hi-rise (even if they are OEM) or aftermarket intakes allowed.
7. Cylinder heads must be cast iron pre-vortec OEM. Again, no vortec or aftermarket heads allowed. No porting or angle-milling allowed. No full roller rocker arms and/or stud girdles allowed. Screw-in studs, guide plates, roller tip rocker arms and polylocks OK.
8. OEM distributer only, aftermarket coil and module OK. No MSD boxes or other aftermarket ignition parts not listed above allowed.
9. One 2 or 4 barrel carburetor that bolts directly to unmodified OEM intake or unmodified OEM spacer with a maximum of .250" total gasket thicknesses. No aftermarket carb spacers or adapters allowed except with the use of a Holley list#4412 500 CFM 2 barrel. Choke hardware may be removed, but choke horn must remain unmodified. No airflow work allowed on any carburetor. No dual line and/or double pumper, Predator, Demon or any other type of all out race carburetor allowed.
10. Only 1 radiator allowed; can be stock or racing and must be placed vertically in front of engine. Aftermarket reduction pulleys OK.
11. Engine can be set back but #1 spark plug can be no further back than even with upper ball joint.
12. Exhaust may be cast iron manifolds or chassis style headers only.
1. OEM automatic or standard only.
2. Automatics must run fully functional torque converter no less than 10" in diameter.
3. Standards must run OEM fully iron flywheel, clutch, and pressure plate with friction face no less than 10" in diameter.
1. Passenger car or light truck rear ends allowed. Rear ends may be locked by welding or other means.
2. Floaters OK. (safety)
Suspension and brakes
1. All front and rear suspension components including mounts must remain absolutely stock, unmodified and in their original locations. Racing springs OK. Load bolts and weight jacks not allowed. (Tubular upper control arms OK).
2. Racing shocks OK, but must mount with stock type hardware and in stock location.
3. Steering box and/or idler arm cannot be moved. Steering may be quickened by aftermarket steering quickener or other means.
4. Brakes must be functional on at least 3 wheels (4 wheels recommended). Aftermarket peddle and master cylinder allowed, but no driver adjustable bias controls allowed.
Wheels and tires
1. Steel wheels only not to exceed 8" in width, may be reinforced and/or reversed, but must maintain no less than 2" backspacing. Wheels must be retained by no less than 5ea. 1" lug nuts. Racing studs and lugs recommended. 4 lug hubs and wheels OK for cars so equipped from factory but MUST be equipped with both racing studs and lugs. Bead locks allowed on right side only.
2. Tires are to be 60 or 70 series DOT stamped street tread steel belted radials only. Tires must be available at local retailers. No special, knobby, snow, recaps, AT or racing tires allowed except for any tire stamped or marketed as an IMCA G60 Hoosier or IMCA Hoosier 500.
3. Grooving not permitted. Grinding glaze off tread OK.
Fuel and fuel system
1. Gasoline only.
2. No electric fuel pumps.
3. Racing fuel cell only, must be securely mounted in trunk area to rear bracing and cannot be visible from outside of car. Any fuel line ran through passenger compartment must be contained within rigid conduit.
1. Battery must be in plastic box securely mounted to floor pan or in trunk area.
2. Battery must be capable of starting car and car must be able to idle in neutral and move forward and backward from a standing position with engine running.
1. Minimum weight after completion of feature event with driver, 3100 lbs.
Seat and safety
1. Metal racing seat only, must be securely mounted to roll cage and/or frame using a minimum of 4ea. 3/8’ grade 5 or better bolts and nuts.
2. 5 point racing harness required and to be secured with minimum 3/8" grade 5 or better bolts and nuts.
3. Properly mounted window net or arm restraints must be used.
4. Driver must be equipped with an approved helmet, neck brace, gloves and wear driver’s suit that effectively covers driver’s body.
5. Steering wheel must be equipped with quick release.
6. Drive shaft loop must be installed no more than 6" rearward of front U-joint.
7. If fuel cell does not have aircraft style positive seal filler neck/cap system , a flapper, spring or ball type filler rollover valve is required.